A bioinformatics platform designed to manage NGS outbreak data
This project is funded in part by the Spanish CDTI (Centro para el Desarrollo Tecnológico Industrial) and is being and will be developed during 2012 and 2013.
The goal of the project is the development of a platform able to manage all the NGS sequence data and related data important in an outbreak.
The NEXTMICRO project includes the BG7 annotation system (See publication about BG7 in PLOS ONE) and new Cloud Computing pipelines and services specially designed or adapted to manage NGS outbreak data from hospital and community outbreaks.
This platform will improve our services for hospitals and healthcare institutions and will allow us to provide:
- Help in the design of the specific sequencing strategy
- Sequencing services
- Assembly and Functional rich Annotation based on BG7
- Cloud storage and management of the data
- Clinical environment adapted reports
- Help in the design of molecular diagnostic methods (MLST, PCR)
- Follow-up of the outbreak and sequencing of new related isolates if needed